Hurstbridge and Districts Medical Centre
Est 1977: History of Development
- Prior to 1977 medical services provided from a shop front in Hurstbridge for a short time each day by Diamond Creek Medical Centre.
- September 1977, with enthusiastic encouragement from the legendary Dr Don Cordner, a permanent practice is established by Drs Paul Kelly and
Paul Jenkinson at the site of the current veterinary clinic.
- Move to the current and bigger property (2/3 of acre) on the corner of Cherrytree and Main Roads, allows for adequate car parking space and
facilities for the growing practice.
- Dr Jenkinson leaves the practice in 1983
- Dr Mangan joins the practice in 1984 and soon becomes a partner.
- Practice continues to grow and several allied health providers are enlisted to provide more and varied services to the community.
- Three major renovations enlarge the practice building to accommodate more practitioners (doctors and allied health). Facilities for patients
are improved and the look of the building is greatly enhanced.
- Presently the practice boasts ten medical practitioners, several allied health practitioners and support staff.
- The practice has been an integral part of the Hurstbridge Community for over 40 years.